Corn Salad With Roasted Shrimp Recipe•
Posted on June 18 2020
I think the 4th of July is the perfect time for a picnic - to sit back, relax, watch fireworks, and drink some rose! My go-to picnic dish is something I created a few years ago and couldn't wait to feature as a Cooktale! This July 4th and every picnic after, make my Corn Salad with Roasted Shrimp!! You won't be disappointed and neither will your crew!
- 1 lb uncooked shrimp – peeled and deveined
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Kosher salt
- 5 large ears of corn – shucked
- 2 tbsp butter
- 4 green onions – chopped
- 1 large avocado – cubed
- 1 tsp Kosher salt
- ½ cup cilantro – chopped (more or less to taste)
- 2 tbsp jalapeno – seeded and minced
- 3 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 lime – juiced
- 3 tbsp agave nectar
- 1 tsp Kosher salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- ½ cup good quality extra virgin olive oil
1. Heat oven to 400 degrees. On a sheet pan, toss shrimp with olive
oil and a sprinkle of Kosher salt and pepper. Roast for about 8
minutes, until shrimp just turn pink. Set aside to cool.
2. Heat a grill pan to high heat. Place corn on the grill and turn
every few minutes for about 12 minutes. When ready, corn should have several black, charred pieces. Set corn aside to cool slightly. When
cool enough to handle, take corn off the cob, slicing downward with a
sharp knife directly into a bowl. To the bowl, add the butter, green onions, avocado cubes, and salt. Stir to combine.
3. Make the dressing in a small bowl. Combine the cilantro, jalapeno,
white wine vinegar, lime juice, agave, salt, and pepper. Slowly whisk
in the extra virgin olive oil until the dressing comes together. Pour
the dressing over the salad and toss together.
4. Toss shrimp into the salad or place on top. If you’re a vegetarian, you can leave the shrimp out, and the dish will still be perfect!
CHEERS TO HAPPY EATING!!!
Andrea LeTard is the author of Andrea's Cooktales: A Keepsake Cookbook. She’s a personal chef, blogger, and recipe writer. Andrea has been featured on Food Network, Cooking Channel, Today Show and was chosen as a Top 100 Contestant on MasterChef. Follow Andrea’s blog and video series on Instagram at @andreas_cooktales.
Maintaining Your St...
For the past few months, Americans have been hit with the unthinkable… working remotely for an extended period of time. This begs the question: ho...Read More
Southern Ceviche Re...
This Southern Ceviche Recipe is healthy, fresh, and with each bite, you feel like you’re on a beach somewhere.Read More
Peach And Burrata S...
A good salad is something I love starting a meal with, especially when I have friends over and this Peach and Burrata Salad recipe reminds me of...Read More