Corn Salad With Roasted Shrimp Recipe•
Posted on June 18 2020
I think the 4th of July is the perfect time for a picnic - to sit back, relax, watch fireworks, and drink some rose! My go-to picnic dish is something I created a few years ago and couldn't wait to feature as a Cooktale! This July 4th and every picnic after, make my Corn Salad with Roasted Shrimp!! You won't be disappointed and neither will your crew!
- 1 lb uncooked shrimp – peeled and deveined
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Kosher salt
- 5 large ears of corn – shucked
- 2 tbsp butter
- 4 green onions – chopped
- 1 large avocado – cubed
- 1 tsp Kosher salt
- ½ cup cilantro – chopped (more or less to taste)
- 2 tbsp jalapeno – seeded and minced
- 3 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 lime – juiced
- 3 tbsp agave nectar
- 1 tsp Kosher salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- ½ cup good quality extra virgin olive oil
1. Heat oven to 400 degrees. On a sheet pan, toss shrimp with olive
oil and a sprinkle of Kosher salt and pepper. Roast for about 8
minutes, until shrimp just turn pink. Set aside to cool.
2. Heat a grill pan to high heat. Place corn on the grill and turn
every few minutes for about 12 minutes. When ready, corn should have several black, charred pieces. Set corn aside to cool slightly. When
cool enough to handle, take corn off the cob, slicing downward with a
sharp knife directly into a bowl. To the bowl, add the butter, green onions, avocado cubes, and salt. Stir to combine.
3. Make the dressing in a small bowl. Combine the cilantro, jalapeno,
white wine vinegar, lime juice, agave, salt, and pepper. Slowly whisk
in the extra virgin olive oil until the dressing comes together. Pour
the dressing over the salad and toss together.
4. Toss shrimp into the salad or place on top. If you’re a vegetarian, you can leave the shrimp out, and the dish will still be perfect!
CHEERS TO HAPPY EATING!!!
Andrea LeTard is the author of Andrea's Cooktales: A Keepsake Cookbook. She’s a personal chef, blogger, and recipe writer. Andrea has been featured on Food Network, Cooking Channel, Today Show and was chosen as a Top 100 Contestant on MasterChef. Follow Andrea’s blog and video series on Instagram at @andreas_cooktales.
Thankful for the Me...
Well, y’all, Thanksgiving is looking a bit different this year for many ofus. The memories of past family gatherings are very clear, but, asmy m...Read More
Crispy Charcuterie ...
This is a fun twist on a traditional Thanksgiving stuffing that we think you and your family will love!Read More
Tips To Reduce Suga...
Most of us know that sugar has addictive qualities. Fortunately, there are simple ways to reduce your sugar intake!Read More